Share | 

which is the best 4x4 by far...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
2grand4uu
WHEELER MASTER
WHEELER MASTER

PostSubject: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:22 pm

in your own OPINION wich of all the 4x4 is the best. Just want to hear peoples opinion based on experiences or history etc...
Back to top Go down
http://xtreme4x4adventures.forumotion.com
2grand4uu
WHEELER MASTER
WHEELER MASTER

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:25 pm

BDW NO ONE IS RIGHT JUST WANT OPINIONS..

IN MY OPINION:

I think it all goes down to Reliabilty, Easy and cheap to find parts, easy to lift and do a lil bit of everything not just one specific thing. Price to buy, etc.. AND PLEASE ALL COMENTS STUCK NOTHING MODIFIED WE ALL KNOW IF YOU PUT $10,000 in top of a rig OF COURSE IS GOING TO BE A BAD SSSS RIG...

SO LET ME HEAR YOUR COMMENTS..
Back to top Go down
Sangster
Register User
Register User

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:05 pm

FZJ80 land cruiser has my vote

solid axles, nice ride, front & rear factory lockers, center diff lock, room for the family, tough as nails
Back to top Go down
Dirty
Regular Wheeler
Regular Wheeler

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 am

im a jeep fan but i believe that a lot of makers have great parts if you put them on 1 rig it would be an amazing rig,but back to the question. i gave it alittle thought and my vote has to go to the jeep xjs .because of all the cheap parts that are inerchangable not to mention most people buy them and dont use the 4x4 at all so the 30 of them at every junkyard that have been junked are like new parts ,room for family ,andyou can beat the mess out of it without worry and buy another to beat up for 5 to 9 hundred bucks. dont get me wrong i really love yotas as well but parts ARE NOT as accessable at every corner
Back to top Go down
BroncoJack
NEED MORE ACTION
NEED MORE ACTION

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:44 am

Im going to have to go with the later version of the first generation of the Bronco. Its small with half ton parts. It could have up to a 351 winsor, c-6 or NP-435 trans, dana 20 or NP-205 t-case, and dana 44 front and ford 9inch rear. it also has a huge aftermarket and cheap and fairly common parts. the only down side is in mint condition they had rear fender skirts which are easily removed with a grinder or skill saw. but back to reality you cant beat a jeep in after market options. in that choice it would be a tj rubicon with the inline 6 and 5 speed
Back to top Go down
Dirty
Regular Wheeler
Regular Wheeler

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:09 pm

love the tj as well and the first gen broncos are anything but cheap but bad as hell with the right set up. but there again thats not cheap !i don't know how often you guys go to the yards but i haven't seen any of choices there;but thats just my opinion.................. Cool Cool Cool Cool just tring to rattle some bones lol IF IT'S 4X4 I LIKEUM
Back to top Go down
2grand4uu
WHEELER MASTER
WHEELER MASTER

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Well
Toyota is an excellent SUV now trail wise not really is to LOOOONG and to HEAVY and the bronco is excellente but to WIIDEE.

The Bronco parts are not that expensive compared to the toyota land cruiser.

The Jeep TJ is good but still is short chasis you can only fit 2 ppl and 1 in the back there is not that much space to carry anything. Its a Bad ass on trails but still only for you and one more persone compared to a toyota or a bronco.. Know The good thing is that there is a whole lot more options when it comes to jeep Wrangler..

I think the JK since it came out 4 doors and with the xtra space is kickiing the crap out of the competition speciall the rubicon... its 44" front and rear with lockers, Swaybar Electronic disconect, 4:1 Tcase. and a 6 cyl that gives you about 280 hp and 260hp and 20 mpg.. thats not to badl.

I have had the opportunity to go off road with many different types of 4x4s. Stock I think the New Wranglers JKs they are a nice thing to buy all parts are interchangeble, the chassi is as thick as a F350 you dont need a huge lift to put 37's. Discount autoparts has bunch of parts in case of emergency.

But thats my thought on that.. Land rovers are an OK vehicle also but what sucks is that they are two low to the ground REMEMBER WE ARE TALKING STOCK FACTORY... and the whole car is aluminum one lil dent and thats it we are talking big $$$ to fix it..

In my category for best 4x4s are

Jeep JK
Landrover DEFENDER
Toyota the FJ 73 they dont bring them to US but in venezuela we do and this things are a beast. Maybe not for rock krawling but for daily use and some nice mud the rock

This vehicles have the power, the 4x4 capability and they have an EXCELLENT REPUTATION..

my .02 cents of the day.
Back to top Go down
Dirty
Regular Wheeler
Regular Wheeler

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:25 pm

well i dont think 35 gs is affordable to the masses of offroading community the jk rubi. is awesome but the standard doesn't come with any of the goodies you listed; and the 4 door starts at 25 gs . i wouldn't wheel as much with a fat 400.+ car note every month lol Wink
Back to top Go down
onebadassdisco2
Register User
Register User

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:13 am

Back to top Go down
http://Saturbo1107@youtube.com
onebadassdisco2
Register User
Register User

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:14 am

The Best 4x4 by far !!! Land Rover clown
Back to top Go down
http://Saturbo1107@youtube.com
2grand4uu
WHEELER MASTER
WHEELER MASTER

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Dirty wrote:
well i dont think 35 gs is affordable to the masses of offroading community the jk rubi. is awesome but the standard doesn't come with any of the goodies you listed; and the 4 door starts at 25 gs . i wouldn't wheel as much with a fat 400.+ car note every month lol Wink

well yeah im talking about stock trucks hahahaha ah brand new land rover or Land cruiser we are talking about in the $60 and they are not as capable as the rubicon... your talking about a cherokee and stock they are good but they do not come with lockers they come cheap but not lockers hahaha. I wouldnt spend that kind of money and then go off roading but yoiu can find JKs rubicon used cheap for like $17,000 or a TJ rubicon for a lot less some JKs come with that traction control that works really good.
Back to top Go down
Dirty
Regular Wheeler
Regular Wheeler

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:48 pm

JK traction control sucks , don't forget i had 2 of them lol still got one it cuts power and handling. it doesn't let you drive in the sand lol thats what karen says Razz i know the xjs dont come with all the goodies but dont forget they follow down most of the same trails with ease ! chris's jeep is on 31s no lockers and small lift and followed threw A-PIT with no issues, im just sayin its the economical 4x4 .......OK I CHANGE MY VOTE TO THE UNIMOG LOL lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
2grand4uu
WHEELER MASTER
WHEELER MASTER

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 pm

hahaha yeah UNIMOG is the way to go BUTT AND THIS IS A BIG BUTT LIKE YOUIRS HAHAHAHAHA IF YOU BREAK IT IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE YOU ARE FUC*^&)*(&_)()* HAHAHAHAHA....

JK I have seen them in A. pit with no lift and they pretty much go through anything

https://youtu.be/086ipO1P2Cg

check minute 6:47 thats all stuck going through some DEEP STUFF following the iguana your jk is ther also in that vid.. Im not saying the XJ's are bad im just saying stock out of the dealer with out a lift and 29's it will not go that far in A.pit... Same as the land rover or land cruiser. they are to low to the ground. I have a grand cherokee and i havent said anything about that b/c i know is not a 4x4 capable stock I just like the way mine looks SO SEXY hahahahaahahah.
Back to top Go down
BroncoJack
NEED MORE ACTION
NEED MORE ACTION

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:20 am

i have had to winch some jeeps and a polaris rzr out of that mud hole. that was a fun day. i also found out that my little brother was a terrible spotter.
Back to top Go down
Dirty
Regular Wheeler
Regular Wheeler

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:10 pm

your not breakin a mog anywhere lol ,but your probably right ,off the lot jk take the cake.what lamp lol! lol! lol! i think i'm going to 4 link the j10 and switch the cab and bed to the buggy switch the 46s to 42 swampers also . i still don't see a lamp lol!
Back to top Go down
2grand4uu
WHEELER MASTER
WHEELER MASTER

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:20 am

Hahahahaha bro everything breaks hahahha nothing is indistructable hahaha BELIEVE ME hahaah but yeah 42's will be awesome for your rig put pics of your j10 under Jeeps...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which is the best 4x4 by far...   

Back to top Go down

which is the best 4x4 by far...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xtreme 4x4 Adventures :: THE HANG OUT SPOT :: General-
Jump to: